We choose shoes and products that are well-crafted and made from quality materials. With proper care, they can last you for years to come. As with all shoes, they need to be looked after to ensure their longevity.
Here are some tips we recommend to keep your new vegan shoes in good condition:
- Shoes should not be worn on repetitive days - try to rotate them with another pair to allow them to air dry.
- Do not apply direct heat to shoes, such as putting them nearby a heater or fire. If shoes are wet and you need to dry them out, instead leave them in an airy location.
- Waterproof spray: You can protect new shoes by spraying them with a waterproof spray before your first wear*.
- Cleaning: Use a soft brush and gently brush shoes after rain or once a month to remove dust and dirt. You can also use a damp cloth and a little mild soap.
- Keep shoes in tip-top condition by applying shoe cream and/or polish every so often. Ensure that shoes are cleaned well beforehand, then apply evenly in a circular motion. Once dry, buff with a polishing brush to add shine. We have a range of eco shoe care products here.
- Shape: Aid shoes to keep their shape by storing them with shoe trees, or stuffing them with paper tissue or newspaper.
- Re-soling: Elongate the life of your shoes by investing in a quality cobbler to re-sole them if/when necessary. Make sure you don’t leave it too late to prevent permanent damage.
* Please note, not all styles are suitable for waterproof spray.
Pinatex is a natural material, so it's good idea to give it a little love every now and then by applying an eco polish. This will help to maintain the material and keep your shoes in good condition. We recommend doing this for all Pinatex products.